Classes are set to resume on Monday for a Pembroke high school after an outbreak of COVID-19 forced it to close earlier this month.
Fellowes High School was the first Ontario school to close because of the virus.
The Renfrew County District Health Unit (RCDHU) confirms there have been no additional positive tests among students, staff, or those connected to the outbreak.
“It has been two weeks since an individual with COVID-19 was in the school, and I am now confident that school can safely resume on Monday,” said Dr. Robert Cushman, Acting Medical Officer of Health, RCDHU.
The outbreak was first declared after three teachers tested positive for COVID-19. In all, there were five cases of the virus at the school and four amongst associated family members.
The health unit says, starting Saturday September 26, students and staff no longer need to self-isolate.