There are no new cases of COVID-19 in Saskatchewan’s far north region and an outbreak at a health centre in La Loche has been declared over.
Elsewhere, an investigation has ended and an outbreak won’t be declared at the Pasqua Hospital in Regina.
New numbers, published on Saturday afternoon, said there was only one new case of COVID-19 in the province, in the Saskatoon region.
As of Saturday there have been 591 cases of COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Of the total cases, 192 are considered active.
25 more people have recovered, bringing the provincial recovery total to 433 since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the province earlier this year.
According to the province, eight people are in hospital; five are receiving inpatient care and three patients are in intensive care.
Investigation at Pasqua Hospital ends, no outbreak
The health authority said in Saturday’s provincial update that it had concluded a COVID-19 case at the Pasqua Hospital did not constitute a hospital outbreak.
The Health Authority said the case was community-acquired and, so far, all staff and contact test results are negative.
“Appropriate precautions continue within the Pasqua Hospital, as health care staff work diligently to care for Saskatchewan residents while helping to stop the spread of COVID-19,” the province said.