New Brunswick is reporting one new case of COVID-19 on Monday in the Moncton region. Four previously reported cases are now considered recovered, bringing the total number of active cases to 21.
Monday’s new case involves a temporary foreign worker, 30 to 39, in Zone 1 (Moncton region), who had been self-isolating.
Over the weekend four new cases were reported, all in the Fredericton region. Public health says those cases are still under investigation.
As of Monday, 11 of the province’s 21 active cases are in the Fredericton region. Public health says most of the cases are either directly travel-related or linked to an individual who recently travelled outside the Atlantic bubble, including international travel. Individual cases and their close contacts are currently self-isolating.
“As people continue to travel outside the Atlantic bubble we will see sporadic cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick,” said Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health in a statement. “We are seeing a higher risk of transmission in households; therefore, it is important for individuals to follow the proper self-isolation guidelines.”
New Brunswick has 355 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 328 cases have recovered. There have been six deaths, leaving 21 active cases in the province.
Two patients remain in hospital due to the virus, with none in the intensive care unit.
To date, 107,192 COVID-19 tests has been conducted in New Brunswick.
The number of cases are broken down by New Brunswick’s seven health zones:
Zone 1 – Moncton region: 95 confirmed cases (1 active case)
Zone 2 – Saint John region: 33 confirmed cases
Zone 3 – Fredericton region: 74 confirmed cases (11 active cases)
Zone 4 – Edmundston region: 8 confirmed cases
Zone 5 – Campbellton region: 137 confirmed cases (7 active cases)
Zone 6 – Bathurst region: 4 confirmed cases (1 active case)
Zone 7 – Miramichi region: 4 confirmed cases (1 active case)