Another Manitoban has died with COVID-19. The man in his 50’s lived in the Winnipeg health region and his death is linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
Eligibility to be immunized at super site or pop-up clinic includes individuals aged 50 or older and First Nation people aged 18 or older.
Public health officials have confirmed 251 new cases of COVID-19 in our province. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 250 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,524. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is eight per cent provincially and 8.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 20 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 15 cases in the Northern health region;
- 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 18 cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 184 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,593 active cases and 35,952 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 117 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 61 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 178 hospitalizations;
- 32 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 45 ICU patients;
- 2,898 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 670,783; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 979.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.