Even more so than in previous years, finding a next-generation game console is going to be incredibly difficult this fall. Preorders for the PS5 and Xbox Series X sold out almost immediately, and all those who missed out are now crossing their fingers and hoping they can snag a unit before the end of the year. The good news is that multiple retailers have already confirmed that they will be selling additional consoles at launch, and Thursday might be your last chance to get a PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition before the end of 2020. But where should you look?
First of all, camping out overnight or showing up at a retailer first thing on Thursday is off the table, as Sony confirmed last week that PS5 units will not be available for in-store purchase on launch day:
In the interest of keeping our gamers, retailers, and staff safe amidst COVID-19, today we are confirming that all day-of launch sales will be conducted through the online stores of our retail partners.
No units will be available in-store for purchase on launch day (November 12 or November 19, depending on your region) – please don’t plan on camping out or lining up at your local retailer on launch day in hopes of finding a PS5 console for purchase. Be safe, stay home, and place your order online.
Check below to see potential retailers that may have stock on Thursday.
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
PS5 Games and Accessories
- PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller for $69.99
- PlayStation 5 HD Camera for $59.99
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) for $49.99
- Demon’s Souls (PS5) for $69.99
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (PS5) for $49.94 (list price $59.99)
- NBA 2K21 (PS5) for $69.99 at Amazon
- Out 11/13: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (PS5) for $69.99 at Amazon
- Out 11/24: Watch Dogs Legion (PS5) for $59.96 at Amazon
- Check back for stock: PlayStation 5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset for $99.99
- Check back for stock: PlayStation 5 Media Remote for $49.99