WRPS’ General Investigations Unit has charged a youth after a loaded firearm was found on a bus in Waterloo.
On March 29, 2023, at approximately 11:40 p.m., a loaded firearm and drugs were found in a bag left unattended on a bus in the area of Conestoga Mall.
On March 31, 20223, an investigation by members of our General Investigations Unit led to the arrest of a youth from Cambridge. The youth was charged with 17 offences in total, including:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (six counts)
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a firearm with an altered serial number
- Possession of counterfeit money
- Fail to comply with a sentence order
- Possession of a weapon contrary to an order
Investigators seized several types of controlled substances, including suspected cocaine, currency, ammunition, and a loaded firearm as part of this investigation.
The accused was held in police custody for a bail hearing.