A large fire engulfed a Langley apartment complex on Monday night, cutting out power to the surrounding area and causing the evacuation of nearby residents.
The multi-storey building, located at 80 Avenue and 208 Street, was under construction. It appears to have collapsed into a smouldering pile of wreckage as of early Tuesday morning.
It is unclear how the fire started. There are no reports of injuries.
Nearly 4,000 BC Hydro customers in the area are without power due to the fire. The outage began at 9:51 p.m.
More to come …