The Parasitic Disease Research Center reported they had found an 18 meter long tapeworm in a patient in Nong Khai.
The patient had submitted a fecal sample at a mobile testing unit that revealed the tell-tale signs.
Medication brought out the tapeworm that was a result of eating uncooked beef.
The “taenia saginata” was the longest detected in 50 years – meriting lots of pointing from the staff of the research center.
Sanook reported that tapeworms can live in people for 30 years but modern day medication usually means they don’t last long.