New Brunswick announced one new case of COVID-19 on Monday.
The case in the Fredericton region (Zone 3) is a person between the ages of 50 to 59, a provincial release says.
The person is self-isolating and is a close contact with another previously reported case.
There are now 33 active cases in the province, with cases in every health zone:
Moncton region (10)
Fredericton area (9)
Edmunston region (6)
Saint John (3)
There have been eight deaths in the province from COVID-19 and three people are currently in hospital, including two people in intensive care.
New Brunswick has had a total of 593 COVID-19 cases and 551 of those have recovered.
Non-essential travel a high risk
New Brunswick’s Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Jennifer Russell said in a statement Monday that people need to self-isolate correctly and make sure they stay isolated for the entire 14-day period.
“Non-essential travel is very risky right now,” she said.
“We are seeing more travel-related cases and transmission to household members when self-isolation measures are not strictly adhered to.”
Vaccinations in Moncton underway
A vaccine clinic at Moncton’s Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre has so far administered 1,034 of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to frontline health-care workers.
The vaccinations happened on Dec. 23, 24 and 27.