New Brunswick is reporting no new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, and one recovery, as the active number of cases in the province drops to 15.
Public health says two previously identified cases have been removed from the province’s case count as both individuals are from another jurisdiction and will be accounted for there. The cases were originally reported in Zone 3 (Fredericton region).
N.B. COVID-19 CASE DATA
New Brunswick has had 2,336 cumulative cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic.
In total, 2,274 people have recovered, and 46 people have died in the province from COVID-19.
Four people are currently in hospital with COVID-19, with no one in an intensive care unit.
On Monday, 608 tests were conducted. A total of 365,667 tests have been conducted since the beginning of the pandemic.
The number of cases is broken down by New Brunswick’s seven health zones:
Zone 1 – Moncton region: 482 confirmed cases (four active cases)
Zone 2 – Saint John region: 298 confirmed cases (no active cases)
Zone 3 – Fredericton region: 445 confirmed cases (seven active cases)
Zone 4 – Edmundston region: 754 confirmed cases (two active cases)
Zone 5 – Campbellton region: 185 confirmed cases (no active cases)
Zone 6 – Bathurst region: 133 confirmed cases (two active cases)
Zone 7 – Miramichi region: 39 confirmed cases (no active cases)
MORE THAN 41 PER CENT OF ELIGIBLE NEW BRUNSWICKERS VACCINATED
New Brunswick’s COVID-19 online dashboard provides an update on the amount of vaccines that have been administered to date.
As of Tuesday, 832,855 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in New Brunswick. The province says 78.5 per cent of the eligible population has received at least one dose, with 41.6 per cent now fully vaccinated.
The province’s next stage target date in its reopening plan is August 2, as long as at least 75 per cent of eligible New Brunswickers have received two doses.
All eligible New Brunswickers can book their second dose appointments if at least 28 days have passed since their first dose.
To receive their second dose, New Brunswickers are asked to bring a signed consent form, their Medicare card and a copy of the record of immunization provided after receiving their first dose.
Appointments for people who have not yet received their first dose continue to be available to all New Brunswickers aged 12 and older at regional health authority clinics and through participating pharmacies.
People who received AstraZeneca both times can rest assured that the vaccine provides protection against infection, severe disease and hospitalization.
Public Health is also reminding New Brunswickers to keep a copy of their Record of Immunization form as their official proof of vaccination.