Two new cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Manitoba, increasing the total to 303.
Among those patients are 289 who have recovered, leaving seven active cases in the province. The death toll remains at seven.
Health officials in Manitoba did not hold a press conference Saturday to discuss the latest cases; through a tweet, they said they’ll be updating their online data Monday.
– Resident at long-term care facility dies from COVID-19, province announces 3 new cases
Another resident at a long-term care facility near Campbellton, N.B., has died from complications related to COVID-19, Public Health announced Saturday.
The individual, a resident of the Manoir de la Vallée in Atholville, was in their 80s. The person is the second in New Brunswick to die from the virus.
“I was deeply saddened to learn of a death related to COVID-19 in our province,” Premier Blaine Higgs said in a news release.
The news release does not confirm the identity of the person who died, but said the individual had been admitted to hospital.
Public Health also reported three new cases of the disease in the Campbellton region, also known as Zone 5, on Saturday.
The three new cases include two health-care workers at the Campbellton Regional Hospital and an employee at Manoir de la Vallée.
Their ages of the three new cases are as follows:
An individual in their 20s
An individual in their 30s
An individual in their 50s