Here’s your daily update with everything you need to know on the novel coronavirus situation in B.C. for Jan. 1, 2021.
We’ll provide summaries of what’s going on in B.C. right here so you can get the latest news at a glance. This page will be updated regularly throughout the day, with developments added as they happen.
B.C.’S COVID-19 CASE NUMBERS
As of the latest figures given on Dec. 31:
• Total number of confirmed cases: 51,983 (7,803 active)
• New cases since Dec. 30: 683
• Hospitalized cases: 374
• Intensive care: 76
• COVID-19 related deaths: 901 (8 new)
• Cases under public health monitoring: 9,364 (estimated)
• Recovered: 42,129
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes, and acute care facilities currently affected: 61