Manitoba reported 243 new probable cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 7,419.
Five additional deaths were also announced:
• A woman in her 40s from the Northern health region
• A woman in her 60s from the Interlake–Eastern region
• A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Manor
• A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria General Hospital
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria General Hospital
Dr. Brent Roussin, chief provincial public health officer, says there are 4,286 active cases, 3,037 people have recovered, and 161 people are in the hospital, including 20 in the intensive care unit. Ninety-six people have died.
Friday’s cases include:
• 17 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 23 cases in the Northern health region
• 15 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 52 cases in the Southern Health region
• 136 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,212 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 275,342.