Manitoba reported 167 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 23,025.
Four additional deaths were also announced:
• A woman in her 60s from the Southern Health region
• A womanin her 90s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at the Park Manor Care
Dr. Jazz Atwal, acting deputy chief provincial public health officer, says there are 5,736 active cases, 16,717 people have recovered, and 310 people are in the hospital, including 42 in the intensive care unit. Five-hundred and seventy-two people have died.
Monday’s cases include:
• 9 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 25 cases in the Northern health region
• 7 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 43 cases in the Southern Health region
• 83 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,949 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 405,724.