There are 11 new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick on Monday, including one case currently outside of the province.
In a release, the government said there are three new cases in Zone 2, the Saint John region, involving a person aged 19 or younger and two people in their 50s. Two are contacts of previously confirmed cases and the other is travel related.
Five of the new cases are in Zone 3, the Fredericton region. They involve two people aged 19 or younger, two people in their 40s and one person in their 50s. All are close contacts of previously confirmed cases.
There are two new cases in Zone 4, the Edmundston region, involving two people in their 50s. Both cases are under investigation.
The last case is in Zone 6, the Bathurst region, and is a person in their 30s. That case is travel related and the individual is outside of the province.
There are currently 118 active cases in New Brunswick. Since Sunday, another eight people have recovered from the virus.
There are 10 patients in hospital, six of whom are being hospitalized in New Brunswick. Two of them are in an intensive care unit. Four patients are hospitalized outside of the province, with one in an intensive care unit.
Another case at Fredericton high school
The number of confirmed cases in New Brunswick is 2,073. The province said Monday it revised its case count after a previously reported case in the Bathurst region was accounted for in another province.
Monday’s release also said another positive case of COVID-19 was confirmed at Leo Hayes High School in Fredericton on May 16 and the school community has been informed.
It’s the third case found at the high school. The other two were reported on May 13.
The province said no learning was scheduled today and students will move to distance learning on Tuesday, which will last until at least Thursday.