The province’s daily update this morning listed the number of deaths at 23, but the associate chief medical officer of health says that since then, public health units have reported 10 more, for a total of 33.
Dr. Barbara Yaffe says the information is incomplete at the moment, but the regions that have seen more deaths include Haliburton, Lambton, Haldimand Norfolk and Huron Perth.
Ontario is closing all outdoor recreational amenities because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The province is issuing an emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to close sports fields and playgrounds, effective immediately.
Premier Doug Ford says the decision was made based on the best medical advice available.
The order will be in effect until April 13.