Manitoba reported 51 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 32,000.
Three additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region
• A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region
Health officials say there are 1,146 active cases, 29,953 people have recovered, and 70 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 10 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 901.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 3 cases in Interlake–Eastern health region
• 30 cases in the Northern health region
• 0 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 3 cases in the Southern Health region
• 15 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,788 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 529,722.