Peel police say three people have died following an early morning single-vehicle crash in Brampton on Saturday.
In a tweet, police said a vehicle crashed into a tree in the area of Conestoga Road and Elmvale Avenue in Brampton just after 2 a.m. Police added the vehicle became engulfed in flames and three people were pronounced dead at the scene.
– Conestoga & Elmvale #Brampton
– Single vehicle into a tree
– Vehicle engulfed in flames
– Three occupants pronounced on scene
– Identities and gender unknown
– Conestoga Road closed at Sandalwood Pkwy
– C/R @ 2:03 am
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) August 20, 2022
The age, gender and identities of the deceased were unknown at the time of this article’s publication.
Conestoga Road at Sandalwood Parkway was closed for the police investigation.